Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Nazi Chapter

Happy New Year's Eve.

Over a year ago, I wrote a post called "Nazi Analogies Ad Nauseam." Despite the snappy title, I was never really happy with it. It was mostly composed of excerpts from my book's chapter on the topic. The result was pretty much a clunky list of block quotes. Worse, it still just skimmed the surface of the issue and with Donald Trump's rhetoric increasingly inviting fascist comparisons,* I felt more detail was needed.

So, I finally decided to post the whole damn chapter in its place. I kept the post's title and the intro is basically the same, but the old body obviously is gone because it was just a collection of chapter clippings and I am posting the entire enchilada.

So enjoy the free sample chapter.


EDIT:

* Some of them amusingly self-inflicted, others not so amusingly self-inflicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment